Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Few Photos And A Little Sadness

Hello again,

As I wrote a couple days ago I am now on my independent study and travel. The adventure has taken me to Banos, Ecuador. Look it up, Mom! 

The trip is providing me and a few friends with some rest and rejuvenation from life in the jungle.  

With that said, I'm excited to return to Los Naranjos and spend one last week with my host family. I have really enjoyed my time, learned more than I could have imagined, and collected enough bug bites to embarrass any the biggest mosquito-complaining Minnesotan you have ever met. The biggest memory, however, will be of the time with my family. They are wonderful and I will miss them terribly.

Below I have posted a few pictures - so you can get a feel for what my life in Los Naranjos is like. I will update you further before I depart for Peru at the end of the month. 

Adios  :)


 
My dream of living in a purple house has now been accomplished! Above is my host family's home - one of the few concrete homes in the village.


The best host family ever - Rosa (38), Sakari (38), Lise (6), and Gloria (11)


Luisa`s and my bedroom. What appears to be a plastic sheet around the bed is actually bug netting. I wonder if it would keep my brother John out in Mankato?




2 comments:

  1. Alright, this blog stuff is really giving me some troubles haha. THAT IS SO COOL YOU GOT TO LIVE IN A PURPLE DURPLE HOUSE. you literally always wanted to.. ahhhh wishes do come true! its snowing here in colorado and freezing may i mention. Schools really hard-typical. I want to email you but i don't know your email address..and mom and dad are too stubborn right now so i refuse to call them. I LOVE YOU SISSY wish you could come visit me in denver xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. literally took me like 20 minutes to figure out how to post a comment, but now that i know i shall be posting all the time yiipee

    ReplyDelete