Sunday, September 12, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away

It has been nonstop rain in Uvita. If it truly rained cats and dogs somewhere at some time, this must have been the place. The raindrops seem to be the size of gumballs. With that said, the weather has not stopped us in the least.  


Yesterday, we made a trip to the beach and learned how to surf. Let's just say I found my future career :-) I was actually able to get up numerous times, even if I wasn't "hanging exactly ten!"  


Today's activities were a bit more relaxed. We discussed more about what to expect in Ecuador (bugs, showers in the river, food hoarding, malnutrition, etc...). How can I really be ready for such experiences? Makes my surfing seem pretty trivial. After our talk we watched and discussed the movie "Baraka."


I've gotten to know the other kids on our trip much better now. It's a fun group. I even found a running buddy. I get more and more excited about these upcoming 8 months each day. I know, however, that once we leave Costa Rica we are in for some real challenges. The real world awaits and I hope I can make a small difference. 


maddie p

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maddie - just checking in on your blog - wow, what exciting adventures already! Your group sounds intense and interesting - I'm so psyched that you watched Baraka - it's one of my favorites and I show parts of it to my World Religions class! Have fun and enjoy the adventure!

    Eva Cavaleri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi madeline,

    I just looked at your blog! im so happy the kids are nice and your having fun! and enjoy the rain cause im guessing you wont see much more haha! jk but you went surfing and got up! are you serious, next summer your for sure trying wake surfing again! i miss you so much i cant wait to read more!

    miss you and love you!
    maddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rev Cavaleri- thanks for checking on my blog! baraka was a GREAT movie im sure your class will love it.

    Maddy- hahah funny but probably wont. isnt that strange I could get up?! it was soo easy compared to wake surfing NO JOKE. miss and love you, hope you are LOVING RPI

    ReplyDelete